During 40 years, the businessman João Carlos Ignaszewski restored more than 40 BMW motorcycles, forming his private collection.
In order for his work to be for posterity, he founded and opened the BMW Motorrad Museum Curitiba in Curitiba, Brazil.
It is one of the largest and most complete BMW motorcycle museums in the world and the only one in Latin America where all motorcycles operate.
Its collection of BMW motorcycles began in 1975 when its founder, Mr. João Carlos Ignaszewski, acquired his first old motorcycle, a 1938 BMW R 61.
During all these years, he has carried out the restoration of several models, always with great dedication to make several pieces and acquire many others.
Today the collection occupies a space of 700m2 divided into two floors where 40 BMW motorcycles are carefully placed from the first
R 32 model from 1923 to the revolutionary C 1 from 2000.
On the first floor are models from the 1920s to the late 1950s and on the second floor are models from the 60s to the late 90s.
The motorcycles on display faithfully obey the original characteristics and among them we can highlight the R 32 models, an R 17 of which only 430 units were manufactured, an R 75 with a sidecar used in World War II and a sports model R 68 from the decade of fifty.
BMW Motorrad Museum Curitiba News (Downlodable):
BMW Motorrad Museum Curitiba is not open to the public.
Active Members of Official BMW Club (Valid Membership Card) may schedule visits through BMWCLAF.